Today I woke up feeling very discouraged. It seemed as though everything that could go wrong, was going wrong. Not to mention that I hadn’t gotten a ton of restful sleep that night. I got to the office, knowing that this feeling of mine was just an attack of the enemy trying to derail me from all that God is doing in my life and through my life. When I got to my desk, the first thing I did after logging into my outlook, is send an email to my house mates and mentor asking that they pray for me.
Not long after that I got emails back from everyone, and they each were encouraging. Praise God for people that I can go to when I’m hurting, and they can pray for me and help me turn away from my self-centeredness and turn my focus back to God where it belongs. This is how the body of believers is supposed to act. Continually lifting each other up in prayer and not discouraging one another through silly bickering that doesn’t effect eternity at all, but distracts us from fulfilling all that God is calling us to do.
One of the emails I got, encouraged me to make a list of all the things God has been faithful in specifically, and of all the praises I can think of. So that is what I’m going to do next. If you want, you can read them below, but if not, that’s perfectly fine. I’m going to make the list below so that I can always go back to it if I need to and I can also be encouraging to others who might be feeling the same as me today.
– God has given me another day in Him to reach the world for eternity
– God has healed me from all of the wounds of my past
– God is faithfully providing the support that I need so I can come back on staff
– My mom gave me a car for when I’m back on staff
– My brother is growing and maturing in the Lord
– God is watching out for all of my loved ones, a task that I could never do as well as Him.
– God is giving me the opportunity to reach the lost in the way I’ve always dreamed of
– He has faithfully healed me from all of my illnesses.
– He is the ONLY one that knows my thoughts better than myself. Thank goodness.
-He loves ME unconditionally!
There are many more where that came from, but even just focusing on the ones above, I’m feeling so much better. Praise God!